Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Two: Examining the Ammo

Not much change, then again, it's only day two. I woke up around 11 AM, so I didn't take pictures/apply treatment until close to noon. Biorhythms and schedule have to have something to do with skin health, I'm just not sure what. Anyway, once I get back into my regular, not-holiday schedule, things may change.

Also, wtf is up with my expression in the photo today? Given, I was struggling with my wonky tripod to get the zoom right. Maybe that's it.

The reviews for this product on the Clean and Clear website claim that they saw results (including "completely clear" within one week of use. Part of this project is to not only wage war on my own acne, but to hold products like Clean and Clear accountable. We've all seen the ads with the before and after photos, but how much of that is Photoshop'd?

With this morning came the "AM" application of the Breakout Erasing Cleanser, the Daily Protecting Moisturizer SPF 15, and the Mark Erasing Spot Treatment. The active ingredient in the cleanzer is 10% Benzoyl Peroxide. In the spot treatment and the Nightly mark Clearing Lotion it is Sallicylic Acid - 2% in the spot treatment and 1% in the night stuff.

My skin felt kind of minty after the cleanser, and as I sit typing this, I have a similar "tightness" feeling. I don't know how long it will last, but it feels like it's working. Who knows? Maybe this whole thing will be over in a week.

If only it were that easy.

2 comments:

  1. Minty tightness sounds mighty torturous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely interesting. Quite a way to wake up, to be sure!

    ReplyDelete