Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 22/23: Enemy Dossier

Two people commented on Friday's post about the technical term for the sort of acne I have. While I have some true "whiteheads," I also have pustules as well, which, according to Acne.org, are "inflamed, and appears as a red circle with a white or yellow center. Pustules are your garden variety zit." (Wikipedia doesn't have a very "user friendly" description of the various forms of "cutaneous conditions."

I know the bastard at the corner of my lips is a pustule, and the activity on my chin consists of a whitehead which hopefully won't get lonely before I destroy him. On the evening of the 22nd, I followed the strict instructions of the Regimen and put BP all over my face instead of just on the trouble spots. In the morning, I just did the trouble spots. I think I may adopt this as a regular M.O.


I only have four active spots that I am aware of. The enemy is dwindling. Preliminary research has me confident that a few rounds of microdermabrasion will work to get the scars on my cheeks to fade. I'm not sure how much it costs (other than the vague "a significant amount"), but I seem to remember a local salon that offered it. If I do it at a dermatologist, I'm not sure what the cost difference would be, and there is also the beauty academy option. Then again, letting "trainees" drop the proverbial H-bomb on my acne might not be the smartest of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment