Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day One: An Introduction


A lot of people make New Year's Resolutions to lose weight or be more active. I've only made one resolution for 2011: to get rid of my acne. I'd thought that by age 25, my high school acne would be gone. Sure, I have periods of time during which my acne is worse than others, but it doesn't seem to be linked to stress or other hormonal factors.

My acne is waging war on me. It's time I fight back.

So here's the plan. Every day in 2011, I'll take at least picture of my face. This is to keep a visual record of various acne treatments. I plan on putting as many of them to the test as needed to
win this war.

The first weapon I have in my arsenal is the Clean & Clear Advantage 2 in 1 Acne and Mark Eraser Kit.

I began this routine with the "PM" combination
as described in the packaging, which consists of the cleanser, the night-time acne/mark eraser, and the general acne/mark eraser. After applying the last treatment, little pills of I'm-not-sure-what came off my cheeks, where my acne is the worst. My skin feels tight and slightly warm and kind of minty. We'll see how it looks in the morning before I apply the AM set, which replaces the night-time eraser with a moisturizer.

Since I'm chronicling this endeavor in blog form, comments and tips are appreciated. I've been battling this off and on for over a decade, and 2011 is the year I'll win.

On a happier note, I hope you enjoy my duckie shower curtain.

No comments:

Post a Comment